The Compass proposes directions for the development of NEB projects and lays the foundation for more detailed assessment tools. The NEB Compass describes the three core values of the initiative and traces the path for a project to become truly “NEB”.
The NEB Compass describes the three core values of the initiative and traces the path for a project to become truly “NEB”. However, more specifically, the Compass:
- Exemplifies what beautiful, sustainable, and together mean at three levels of ambition.
- Expands on the three core principles that define a NEB way of working: participatory process, multi-level engagement and a transdisciplinary approach.
- Focuses on the capacity of NEB projects to test and promote new visions and processes with a long-term vision.
- It is grounded in existing theories and models while remaining open to evolution in line with the experimental nature of the initiative.
- Will be tested through interaction with the NEB community. From the start, the NEB is committed to learning from experience and improving over time.
- The Compass does not replace the criteria of calls for funding.
The New European Bauhaus Compass is a guiding framework for decision and project makers wishing to apply the NEB principles and criteria to their activities.