- green infrastructure | culture | inclusion
- Municipality of Venice and Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Interneto svetainė
- More info and registrations for the event
A MANIFESTO FOR THE BAUHAUS OF THE SEAS
The Bauhaus of the Seas is divided into four main fields, or anchors, to be developed in different ways according to the peculiarities of the territories that will participate in the project and which will include:
- recognising the environment, by mapping and processing the flows of mineral, biological and human resources (transportation, communities and migrations) that lead to the establishment of a digital basis for making decisions oriented towards sustainability;
- reconciliation with the sea, through the reconstitution of a trans-geographic continuity among the natural terrestrial environment, historic cities, industrial areas and the marine environment;
- reconnecting communities with their habitats and the different forms of material, ecological, aesthetic and cultural heritage, by generating and co-creating innovative ideas directed towards an idea of citizenship and entrepreneurship that is inclusive and open to the world;
- renewing the work of artisans and artistic, technological and experiential practices
By pursuing these four anchors, the Bauhaus of the Seas movement intends to pursue the objectives of the New European Bauhaus, placing the creative development of those anchors at the service of sustainability, beauty and inclusion.
The Bauhaus of the Seas will count on the participation of multi-disciplinary speakers, including Government representatives, Researchers, and Policymakers from the European Commission and member countries. The complete program is available on the conference's website and registrations are now open.
The 2nd Bauhaus of the Seas Conference is co-organised by the Municipality of Venice and Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, as part of the activities of the Bauhaus of the Seas project.